Nottinghamshire Parent Carer Forum (NPCF) are involved in lots of different consultations, participation and engagement activities.
Scroll down to find out more about what NPCF have done and what it is doing currently:
Local Area SEND Inspection – 2023
Ofsted and Care Quality Commission (CQC) visited and inspected the Nottinghamshire local area at the beginning of 2023 to assess how effective the local education, health and care services are at identifying, and meeting the needs of, children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) aged 0 to 25.
- examined evidence
- made visits
- invited parent carers to complete a survey
- took a ‘deep dive’ into the experiences of some selected children’s stories
- had a meeting with Nottinghamshire Parent Carer Forum
The inspection outcome was that, ‘there are widespread and/or systemic failings leading to significant concerns about the experiences and outcomes of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) which the local area partnership must address urgently’
The full report is on Ofsted’s website in the Area SEND inspection of Nottinghamshire Local Area Partnership report.
Sadly, the report reflected the experiences and concerns that many families have shared.
We have voiced our concerns repeatedly in meetings with local area partners.
The partnership has been asked to address these concerns urgently and NPCF, as the official parent carer forum, is involved in this work.
Parent Carers from the forum sit on:
SEND Executive Leadership Group
SEND Partnership Improvement Board
SEND Partnership Assurance and Improvement Board
Other work that NPCF is involved in:
- Autism in School project
- Short Breaks Steering Group
- Short Breaks- SEND Local Offer Review
- NottAlone Steering Group
- Local Area Quality Assurance EHC plan Steering Group
- ICS SEND Health Assurance Group
- Local Offer Development Group
- CYP neurodiversity website
- Preparing for Adulthood work
- Including Parents conference planning group
- Joint Notts/City SEND Employment Core Group
NPCF also attends:
- Joint Contact/ National Network of Parent Carer Forums (NNPCF) National conference & AGM.
It is an opportunity to meet with representatives from the other 152 parent carer forums across the country.
- East Midlands Regional Parent Carer Forum
Regular meeting with the other parent carer forums that are in the East Midlands.
- Quarterly meetings between NPCF Steering Group members and representatives from Nottinghamshire County Council.
Here we discuss areas of concern, possible review and development areas and seek solutions together.
If you are a service provider and would like parent carer participation with a particular service or provision that you are thinking of changing or implementing, then please don’t hesitate in contacting us as we would be more than happy to assist you.
You can find out more about how to engage with us here.
We are currently asking members and parent carers across Nottinghamshire what they think our 2023-4 priorities should be.
Please let us know by sending a message through the Contact Us form.