Notts PCF have been involved in lots of different consultations, participation and engagement activities over the last 6 years. Please scroll down to find out more about what Notts PCF have been up to and what it is currently doing:
If you would like parent carer participation with a particular service or provision that you are thinking of changing or implementing, then please don’t hesitate in contacting us as we would be more than happy to assist you. You can find out more about how to engage with us here.
Ofsted and Care Quality Commission (CQC) Local Area Inspection
Ofsted and CQC visited and inspected Nottinghamshire in the summer of 2016 to review how the local area has fulfilled its duty and responsibility to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) since some changes took place after the introduction of the Children and Families Act 2014, and in particular, the SEND Code of Practice.
They looked at evidence of how individuals with SEND are identified, how their needs are met, examples of outcomes achieved and also how they are supported in the transition to adulthood.
As an important part of the assessment the inspectors wanted to spend time speaking to children, young people and their parent carers.
Notts PCF, the recognised parent carer forum for Nottinghamshire, were involved from the beginning to the end.
Integrated Children and Young People’s Commissioning Hub
Public Health asked Notts PCF for a representative to sit on a tender panel to decide the outcome of an integrated children and young peoples health service. Notts PCF were involved in the original design of the tender specification and evaluated responses from providers alongside commissioners and other reps. Notts PCF have been asked to remain involved with the contract in a monitoring and quality assurance capacity to ensure the provider is delivering everything they said they would based on their tender submission.
- Members of Notts PCF worked with a group of parent carers and representatives from Nottinghamshire CC to co produce a new Short Break service. This was launched for new members in September 2018.
- Ask Us Notts- Nottinghamshire information, advice and support network – Notts PCF were pivotal in helping the Local Authority decide on a name and branding for the service that launched in 2016.
- On going advice and suggestions for improvements to the Local Offer website
Events and meetings that Notts PCF have attended:
- Contact a Family/ National Network of Parent Carer Forums (NNPCF) National conference & AGM 2018
- East Midlands Regional Parent Carer Forum- termly meetings with other parent carer forums in the East Midlands
- Regular Co production Notts PCF/Nottinghamshire County Council meeting- to discuss areas of concern, possible review and development areas and seek solutions together.
- Regional Workshops participant- Mediation, EHC plan moderation
- Annual ‘Preparing for Adulthood’ Event- to take place in 2019 on 2nd February at Harvey Haddon Sports Village
- Member of SEND Accountability Board
- Participant at Nottinghamshire Bestwood Parent Carers Conference- in 2019 this will be held on 15th May
The following training opportunities have been offered to NottsPCF members:
- Notts PCF Annual Conference- day on Sensory Integration
- SEN support workshops
- Sleep Workshops
- Changing from DLA to PIP workshop
- Self Harming
- Emotional Health
- Understanding challenging behaviour and supporting behaviour change
If you know of a particular training, development or information need for parent carers in your area, please don’t hesitate in contacting us as we would be happy to explore options with you.