The family service provides targeted early help support for families with worries, concerns, behaviours and conflict to help resolve significant problems.
This includes direct support, advice, guidance and signposting:
- To improve attendance or behaviour at school
- To improve behaviour in the home
- To the graduated family and parenting offer
- In finding work, training or re-entering education having left school
- For children missing from home or school
- For homeless 16 and 17-year-olds, or those at risk of homelessness
- To young carers
- To kinship carers
- For drug or alcohol misuse
- For children and parents with a range of significant health problems
- For emotional and behavioural development that does not meet developmental trauma and attachment team criteria
Referral criteria and process:
Members of the public can contact the early help unit by:
- Telephone: 0115 804 1248
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In appropriate cases families will be offered a case manager who will get to know the strengths and needs of family and will coordinate support.
For families with children under the age of five, support will be offered by the local children’s centre.