The Early Help Unit provides a direct contact point for families requiring early help services in Nottinghamshire. This includes accessing services from Children’s Centres and Targeted Support services.
The Family Service work with children and young people over the age of five and their families to help resolve significant problems and provide support. This may include:
- problems with attendance or behaviour at school
- problems with behaviour in the home
- problems with drugs or alcohol
- difficulties finding work, training or re-entering education having left school
- going missing from home or school
- support to homeless 16-18 year olds, or those at risk of homelessness
- support to young carers
- support to kinship carers
The service is open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 4.30pm.